Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks indeed is one of the most fascinating online tools for accounting and bookkeeping, reporting, and financial activities for the business. Small and medium-sized businesses have been benefited from it for a long time and it continues to do so. The latest updates, upgrades and technological advancement, financing latest methods makes it a versatile software. The offline and online version of the QuickBooks plays an integral part for many businesses to do their day-to-day tasks.
But like any other program that runs on the Desktop or mobile, the flaws are something to handle. You will go through the complications of error and technical glitches while using the software at least once. Sometimes, you face an unrecoverable error, sometimes a strange error code shows up on your screen. Intuit has provided us with ample ways to get rid of the error and from its root.
Different 6000 series Error Code
There are as many as 27 different types of 6000 series errors. This typically can look like 6189, –
83 and -6189, 1005, -6210, and more. Before you look ahead for any sort of diagnostic steps, you need to understand many things. Your QuickBooks services should be of the latest 2020 version. If the version is an older one, make sure you first update your QuickBooks. Some lucky people will face that the error has been tackled simply by updating the version.
Read more about: “How Do I Talk to a Real Person at QuickBooks”
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code
QuickBooks error can be displayed for both the local and the network issues. If you upgrade, the version, you might find it sufficient enough, since the chances of getting rid of the error are high. If not, you need to follow certain steps to make it happen.
Do two things
- Check if the hosting is turned on, this can be done by pressing F2, and then you can locate the local server information. Also, for now make sure your hosting is turned off.
- Now, you will have to rename the.ND and.TLG files. Once done you can proceed further by running the Database Server Manager this is available in the QB tool hub
Renaming the Files
- Open the folders that have stored all the company files information
- Now, you will have to look for the files with the name as that of the company files but with the extension names as.ND and.TLG files.
- Once located, you can right-click on one of them, select and then rename it. You can add the word ‘Old’ in it, at the end of the file name. An example for this situation is ‘company_file.qbw.nd.OLD’
- Do the same for the second file and this is how you rename it.
Run Database Server Manager
- Navigate to the tool hub, in it, you can select Network issues
- Now, you have to select in its QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Then, you will notice QB asking you to install it in the software on your server, only if it is not installed
- Furthermore, you will go inside the QB database server manager and select the option Start Scan. This is done only when you notice the company file.
- If you are unable to see the company files, you can browse to the location of your company file and in that, you can choose the ‘Start Scan option.
- Open your QB again and then try to sign in to your company file
- If you witness the same issues, you can proceed to the next solution mentioned below.
Sample Company File installed on Workstations
- Navigate to the No Company Open window, and in that, you need to select Open a Sample File.
- Once done you can move further and then choose from the list of sample company files.
- After doing so, if you witness that the sample file opens, you are not good to go, you can look for the next solution mentioned below.
- In case if the same file return to the same error, again and again, you can do the next method of repairing your QB installation.
Open Company Files Locally
- Open the folder you know has stored your company files information
- Find the file extension of. QBW.
- Now, you can right-click on the files and then select Copy
- Navigate to the desktop and then right-click on your desktop, here is where you will paste it
- Open your QuickBooks Services and this has to be done while holding down the control key and then you will be directed to the ‘No Company Open window.’
- In that, you will have to Select Open or restore an existing company.
- Now, you will have to find the company file that you have copy-pasted on the Desktop and then open it
- If you are facing the error yet again, you have one last option to do
- Follow the next step mentioned below.
Close QB Processes:
- Firstly, log in to your QB by logging in as an Administrator
- Now, you can press, Ctrl+Shift+Esc, this will open your task manager
- Now, you can show the process for all the users, this is to bring up the task manager
- You can highlight each of the QB processes and once done, you can end the task.
In case if you still have the problem of your QuickBooks 2020 not starting due to the error code -6210. You can contact +1-800-662-8617 or reach on the online site of the CPA DESK for getting solutions.
Your QB is meant to ease your financial, bookkeeping, and other accounting activities and not add more problems to your business. Do not let your QB error affect you from using your software. Your business needs to be run seamlessly and it shouldn’t result in prolonged decisions or solutions. Work on the software smoothly, and if in case you face any error reach out for Support. The support desk is ready to get your problems relating to QuickBooks being solved in no time.