Coconut is a shared food ingredient that features quite frequently across sundry recipes of varying regions, cultures, and forms. As the default accompaniment of the South Indian dishes like Dosa and Idli in the form of chutney, as prasad for pujas in the form of ladoos, or as a distinct flavor of packed biscuits, the usage of coconut is vast, as it is creative. People even appear to add the coconut flavor to the dishes by ornamenting those dishes by spreading the coconut shavings over them.
But it is not all about flavor or decoration, coconut has high nutritional value as well. However, delicately delicious as it might seem, it is not easy to scrape out the soft kernel from the hard protective shell it is glued to. The coconut scrapers, in this regard, as a tool, could make the process easy and effective: the scraping could be as smooth as the coconut fibers!
The coconut scrapers come in different kinds: in terms of materials that constitute them, such as wood, steel, and other sturdy materials; and in terms of mechanisms involved in the process, such as manual or automatic.
Types of Coconut Scrapers
Different types of coconut scrapers are discussed below based on their accessibility at home.
Wooden Coconut Scraper
This scraper has a jutting steel handle with a cap for the blade, and it is attached to a wooden body designed in a manner to place a container to hold coconut fleshes.
The wooden scraper could be positioned on any flat surface, such as a table, desk, and so on. One could just stand on the flat side of the tool and scrape the coconut by rotating the coconut against the blade cap. The sharp blade cap would deliver soft coconut flakes, which could be collected in the container placed below.
Steel Coconut Scraper
This coconut scraper is entirely made of steel and has the features of mountable extension and collapsible blades, which assist in easy cleaning, maintenance, and storage. Due to its collapsible nature, it is easy to carry as well.
Coconut Scraper with Handle
This scraper comes with a convenient handle that has a firm grip and is connected to the blades. The blades are sharp and are substantially coated to ensure durability. The mechanism involves rotating the handle by hands, which rotates the blade, which, in turn, effectively scrapes the soft coconut flesh. Additionally, the blade arrangement provides the scrapings with the right texture and the heavy vacuum base ensures stability when the scraper is operational.
Automated Coconut Scraping Machine
The automated scraping machine provides coconut flakes with an intricate texture ideal for food presentation, and, that too, within a very short time.
This system has a shaft with a holder that holds the half-cut coconut in place. The holder shaft is held by the mounts designed for it. All of these are, again, held together by a frame.
On the other side, another shaft is arranged horizontally with a scraping blade, and, on the other end of the shaft, a motor is connected. The motor is run by an electric circuit to move the scraper tool and the scraping could be achieved by holding the coconut against it. You can check some of the best electric coconut scrapers here.
- The strong stainless steel is almost unbreakable. The body is non-corrosive and ensures better durability for years.
- The coconut scraper with a handle comes with a vacuum base that gives it stability and prevents accidents.
- The sharp blades are made of stainless steel and are non-corrosive.
- These scrapers come in quite a fashionable design.
- These scrapers provide the right texture to the coconut scrapings, which is not easily achieved by other means.
- The blades could be removed and easily cleaned with water.
- These scrapers don’t occupy much space and are easy to carry, especially Steel Coconut Scrapers.
- These are designed meticulously, so there are no sharp edges except the blades. Therefore, these are quite safe to handle.
- The automated scrappers which work on motors and electric circuits don’t even require much human effort.
- It may not scrape the coconut shell completely. One may still need to apply other measures to scrape out the leftover remains of the kernel still latched with the shell after the easy scraping.
- Even though the only sharp edge is of the blades, one might still cut their hands during aggressive scraping.